Use the questions in the box at right for personal reflection (perhaps through journaling), or to prompt discussion with others.
1. Do you believe in a God or gods? Why or why not?
2. Do you pray or meditate? How often?
3. What religion(s) do your family members participate in? Is there tension between those who practice different faiths?
4. Have you read the Bible, the Qur'an, or the Torah? What did you learn?
5. Do your spiritual beliefs influce your political ideology?
6. What do you think happens when we die? Do you believe in heaven or hell? Do you believe you will be reincarnated?
7. Have you ever encountered what you believe to be a ghost, spirit, angel, or demon? Were you afraid?
8. With which religion are you most familiar? Least familiar?
9. How would your life be different if the United States did not ensure freedom of religion?
10. What questions would you ask God, if He/She exists?
photo by Leah Baacke copyright 2011